Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pep Talk

I'm no fitness expert, and I'm the first to admit that growing up I didn't want to make the effort to lose weight. I wanted a quick easy fix. Well I've grown up with that mentality and it's a hard one to break.

As the years have passed I have been depressed about my weight and really wanted to be thinner and healthier. This led to a lot of emotional eating, and more inactivity.

Working out is hard. It's tiring, it makes your chest and lungs burn, it makes your muscles burn, and let's not forget the sweating. But I am here to tell you it gets easier. You just have to try and keep trying.

For a month now I have gotten off my butt and made the effort to work out. I'll admit at first it was hard, very hard. I could only go for short burst at a time a few times a week, but after a month of pushing myself I am now able to do 30 minutes of step aerobics 6 days a week.

Let me tell you how amazing it feels. I used to get winded walking up the alley to my apartment, now I can walk up it without even breathing hard. I feel better, my pants keep getting looser, and I feel like I am sleeping better.

I still have a hard time believing how easy it has gotten and have been kind of kicking myself for not doing this YEARS ago. However, I won't kick myself too hard, and you shouldn't either.

Each day is a new one, so try and make that step today, and again tomorrow and the day after that. You'll thank yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment