Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Size vs. Weight

Which is more important? Honestly I think the answer should be getting healthy above all else. Yes we all have that ideal number in our head of how much we'd like to weigh, or what size we'd like to be. I, however, am trying to only focus on different numbers. Those numbers are minutes of exercise in a day and how many calories I eat.

I have been working out for 30 minutes a day doing step aerobics. Tonight I am going to try and go to best buy and get the aerobics platform for the Wii Balance board to bring it to the standard height for step aerobics. I also plan on increasing my work out time by ten minutes for the each week till I reach a full hour a day.

Also, I try and keep a running total of calories in a day, and keep it around 1600-1800 calories a day. I do not always succeed but that is what I strive for and those are the numbers I try and focus on.

I do weigh myself everyday as part of my work out. The Wii makes this easy to do, but I try not to really pay attention to the weight as it fluctuates day by day. I am seeing a slow steady decline, but what's more important to me is that I know I am really helping my body and my pants are getting looser every day.

That said of course I have an ideal size/weight in mind. I'd like to be around 160 pounds and about a size 10 or 12. I have a fairly good sized frame and am 5' 7" tall. This is where I'd like to be in about a year, I know it will take a while, but in a year I will look back and say wow it only took a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment