When the munchies strike, don't let it ruin your day! There's plenty of healthy choices, it's just knowing what to grab. So the next time you hit the store or the pantry grab some of these snacks and snack guilt free!
1. White Cheddar Popcorn (1 3/4 cups = 160 cals) That's a lot of popcorn! Make sure you stick with air popped.
2. Glazed Cashews ( 1/4 cup = 150 cals) Calories vary by nuts, but nuts have a lot of the good fats that your body needs and help lower bad cholesterol.
3. "Grown Up" Cereal (3/4 cup w/ skim milk = 220 cals) Stay away from sugary coated kid's cereals, I like Raisin Nut Bran
4. Hard Pretzels Sticks (53 sticks = 100 cals) Pretzels are a great salty snack and make great party food.
5. SunChips ( 15 chips = 140 cals) I love SunChips, and they make a great alternative to fried potato chips.
6. Apple w/ Peanut Butter (Apple + 2Tbsp PB = 260 cals) This is not the easiest on the go snack, but if you're home this makes a great filling snack.
7. Raisinets (1 bag = 100 cals) Chocolate covered raisins or cranberries make a great treat when you are craving something sweet.
8. Fudgesicles (1 Popsicle = 100 cals) These sweet frozen treats are a wonderful replacement for calorie laden ice creams.
9. Yogurt (6 oz = 150-200 cals) I can't say enough good things about yogurt, especially for women's bone health.
10. Smoothies (1 cup = 170-250 cals) Smoothies make a great filling snack that also gives you lots of natural vitamins and energy.