Monday, April 11, 2011

Yummy Snack

Late last night at Safeway I had a hankering for yogurt. I grabbed two of the Fage (pronounced Fa-yeh! according to the package) Greek Strained Yogurt with cherry. My significant other is trying to be more adventurous with his food, and decided he wanted to try Greek yogurt. Sadly, he has decided he does not like Greek yogurt, plain, vanilla or with fruit. I, however, have found that I quite like it, especially with fruit.

The Fage Greek yogurt with fruit comes in a single serving container and has only 130 calories in 5.3 oz which is less then a Yoplait Original. The Fage has only 2% milk fat and only 2.5 grams of total fat, and 18 grams of carbs which is only 6% of the daily values. So all in all it's a very nice healthy snack or breakfast food, and low fat.

For those of you who do not know what the difference is between Greek and regular yogurt, the main thing you will notice is taste. Greek yogurt is not sweet, it taste closer to sour cream and it's very thick. I like the sourish flavor next to the sweet of the cherry, and it gives it a sweet and savory quality that I like.

If you feel like experimenting with a new food, give the Greek yogurt a shot, or try some new flavors of regular yogurt if you decide it's not your cup of tea. Yogurt is a great snack, especially for women, who need extra calcium.

No comments:

Post a Comment