Spring is here and it's one of my favorite times of year, and not just because my birthday is the first day of the spring season. It's the time of year when everything is coming in to bloom and the sun starts coming back around.
I am looking forward to getting outside more now with the change in the weather and have some ideas on how to have fun in the sun and lose some weight.
1. Walking through the park or trails.
2. Farmers Markets are a great way to do a lot of walking and pick up some fresh produce for the week.
3. Take your bike instead of your car. Just running out for some bread? Ride a bike instead of driving to the store.
4. Swimming is great exercise and the lowest impact of any exercise. Water workouts are also great for people with back or other injuries.
5. Gardening, doesn't seem like a workout? Try working up a sweat pulling weeds and tone your arms at the same time.
6. Wall or rock climbing is a lot of fun. I haven't gone since I was about 15 but I had a blast when I went, and it's great strength training.
7. Spring Cleaning! Set a good fast pace, maybe blast some music and burn calories while making your house look better at the same time! Two birds, one stone!
8. Fruit Salad. I know this isn't a workout but fruit is very good for you, it has lots of things your body needs, it taste great and will naturally help you slim down. Try it as a lunch or breakfast replacement.
9. Go Fly a Kite...Literally! It's fun to teach your kids to fly a kite, or just fly one yourself. Get a running start with your kite and keep going!
10. Horse riding is a lot of fun, and it's a good strength training. Your core and legs get a great workout from horse riding. Lots of places have horses you can rent and ride with out the massive expense of owning a horse.