Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Dirty Truth about PB&J's

I love a good Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, but I hadn't really thought about the calories. Now that I'm an adult and trying to lose weight I am finding out more and more about the foods I like and have eaten without thought in the past.

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread is roughly 450 calories, if you're using Weight Watchers Plus Points, this is a whopping 12 points! When you're limited to around 35 points a day this childhood favorite becomes more of a harsh reality check.

I can't say enough about counting calories and/or tracking points. It is an eye opener and you will learn a lot about your eating habits, good or bad! Try and find healthier alternatives to your more calorie laden favorites. I'm still looking for a good pb&j replacement...

No comments:

Post a Comment