Sunday, April 24, 2011

What's your dream home gym?

Not everyone has the luxury of having a gym membership or a home gym set up. I am lucky and have the Wii Fit, but I am looking to expand and gradually build a home gym for the whole family to utilize.

Here's what I would like in my home gym:

1. Pro-Form XT 70 Treadmill - $400
I miss my treadmill, and wish I had been even half as dedicated when I had it, then now. Treadmills are great Aerobic exercise and with a treadmill you can workout in the comfort of your own home, and out of the weather.

2. Stamina CPS 1305 Indoor Upright Exercise Bike - $110
Another great aerobics work out. Also nice for when you'd like to work out and still have the option to sit down and read, or play on your phone.

3. Century Aerobic Waivemaster Punching Bag - $92
I would like to strengthen up my arms, but I live in an apartment, therefore I can't go hanging a heavy bag from the ceiling. So this free standing version would be a better (and cheaper) option.

4. Valeo Adjustable Wrist and Ankle Weights - $13
These are totally cool ankle/wrist weights that are adjustable. There are five pockets with one pound removable weights, letting you go from 1 to 5 pounds. Plus wearing wrist or ankle weights leaves your hands free. Buy 2 sets and you can wear them on your ankles and wrists at the same time for extra strength building.

5. Weider 65cm Stability Ball - $15
These exercise balls are great for core work outs and sit ups. One of these can help tone up your tummy. I had one when I was pregnant, it was great till either a cat or small child popped it later on :) I'm still not sure which it was...

6. Tone Fitness 5, 10 & 15 pound Vinly Cement Kettlebell Set - $35
These have become fairly popular in gyms and work outs I've seen advertised lately and would like to give them a try. I like that it comes with 3 different weights, so you can start out small and work your way up.

The grand total for my dream gym actually comes to a nice moderate price of $755 before tax and any shipping costs. Considering how many single machines I have seen out there for thousands of dollars, I was surprised with my grand total.

What would you put in your dream gym? Are you trying to bulk up or slim down? How much would your dream home gym cost you?

No comments:

Post a Comment