Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Dreaded Countdown Clock

Do you dread looking at the clock while you are working out? How does it affect your work out?

I watch the clock as it counts down and I enjoy seeing how much I have done and how little I have left to do. Occasionally it seems a little depressing to see I'm only 10 minutes in to a 30 minute work out, but then I just tell myself you're already a third of the way done.

I tend to daydream while I work out and find it helps me get through it quicker and with less glances at the clock as it counts down, and when I do look at the clock I'm usually surprised to see how much time has passed.

I have not tried doing my work out with out a clock being visible, and think I will give it a try soon and see if it makes a difference.

How do you handle the ticking clock? Do you see the glass as half full or half empty? Try and stay positive and remember every minute you do is a minute you've earned. We all know that the word work is a key part of the phrase work out, and while you're not getting paid cash for your work, you are being rewarded with better health and pounds shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment